Monday, November 26, 2007

A brief lesson on head drawing


Charcoal on 14x17 vellum bristol. A technique that I learned from Sergio's class was emphasizing the blocking-in of dark and light areas. As a practice I did this artwork of James Taylor. I was actually multitasking of watching his concert while I was drawing something else. Then suddenly, I thought of drawing him from my laptop that I have to freeze him. I have seen in other class how they stretch these lines on a head to show the underlining , muscle divisions, and planes. I was trying to get a copy of it for me to practice on. It's funny to think that this is my second time to encounter a teacher with the same first name; first was Sergio Esmilla as my violin mentor, now it's Sergio Sanchez in drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment