Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Peter Dinklage

I was trying to emulate artist Dave Malan's line drawing. I thought that his lines are so exact, like it's carefully calculated, no smudges, just simple hatches. Yet his drawing looks so superb. The artwork below is my own caricature of Peter Dinklage of the HBO tv series, the "Game of Thrones". It's not even close to Malan's style. If Dave would have done this he might have focused more on the eyes by sharpening the contrast, and probably elaborate more on the hair to give more an interesting look. Yeah... why didn't I think of that?




2 comments:

  1. BTW, someday I hope to make it down to the serious artist category.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, just a category I made up. It doesn't mean anything. Serious or funny art- these are the fav artists I look up to.

    ReplyDelete