Sunday, March 16, 2014

Inspired from Casey's drawings

Charcoal. 11x14 inches toned gray paper. Inspired from Casey Baugh drawings.

I was staring at Baugh's recent drawings on how he rendered light. It's pretty amazing that I see minute details of darks and light on some corners that makes sense. His range of values are wide, and he render it with great care. Those are the point that struck me and made me do a version of my own. The reference for this project was pulled out from black and white photos online.

This project was done last night that is why I'm getting some yellowish background on some pics. I have to wait till next morning to shoot this final product to get a true color to post it.

I enjoyed doing this project. You can do it too if you put your mind to it. Happy drawing!






No comments:

Post a Comment