Monday, December 15, 2008

"Clintessential"

Graphite on 9x12 paper. France Belleville's drawing on Leroy Skalstad inspired me to draw Clint Eastwood as I try to emulate her superb style of drawing. Try clicking her name in my "Fav Links" column and you'll understand what I am talking about. As masterfully as she did on Skalstad drawing, it takes only a few strokes (or lines) to come up such a masterpiece. As compare to my version above, I ended up doing a lot of doodles with a lot of guessing on my strokes. I can't seem to come up with lines that are only essential. It's my first attempt, anyway, I can forgive myself with that. It takes practice. I reckon why France draws anything she sees, from people to dogs, reciepts, cars, pens, bags, fans, etcetera. She has trained her eyes to see what she wanted to draw.

No comments:

Post a Comment