Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Meat Cutter


Graphite in 9x12 paper. Study of the head of a surgeon. Reminds me of the 70s tv series "Quincy Jones M.D.", but believe me, this is not him. I still have the tendency to rush my drawing when I intend not to. In art school they train students to draw a pose in 3, 5 ,10 minutes, but that's another story. I didn't even take the time to sharpen my dull pencils; just went by incessantly doodling like I couldn't wait to post it next. I would have yet to see myself taking strides and conscientiously drawing line by line, taking all considerations of making sense of it. Possible? Again, it depends on how one desire it so badly. I remember when I was so active in music, we were trained to go as slow as we can to be dead sure of each note is perfectly played, then work our way up to speed. Imagine a playing "molto adagio" on a "presto" tempo of the "Flight of the Bumble Bee". Dvorak would be blowing his top and screaming, "what the h---you doing to my sh--?!" (I'm just blabbing here, forget it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment