Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Golf Ballet


Ballpoint ink on 8.5x11 paper. I just realized that golf players are like ballet dancers who swing, twist, and turn in a calculated but odd way, adversed to the normal body movement. In drawing this figures I was getting a hard time of figuring out where their parts of body is swinging and turning to make sense of the gestures. It's a bit challenge. I don't play golf, but I learn to play it virtually through "Wii sport". It's fun 'coz it challenges your mind making sense of the distance and the strenght of the stroke, hurdles, and the wind involved. I get to learn golf terminologies like "bogey", "birdie", "fairway", and "handicap". Playing it in an actual course is another story, which I would most likely will have to pass it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment